Sunday, April 11, 2010

Holding off

Quite a bit has been happening over the last weeks. I realise people are wondering how the story of the 3 trafficked girls has ended, but in fact it has not yet ended and for safety I need to hold off before writing more. When I eventually can explain the whole story, it will be a happy ending.

Meantime - below are some pics of kids in Hue, who were trafficked from their villages to work in factories in the south. As part of our support for them now that they are back home, we've been buying bicycles for those who live far from school, and we're about to start building new houses for 3 families.



.

2 comments:

K. Tran said...

"Meantime - below are some pics of kids in Hue"

While I respect your work and commend you for all the good that you have done for street kids in Hanoi and beyond, I would like comment on the way you have phrase the above.

It feels like you are commodifying your goodwill and though this blog is meant to spread the word about the work of blue dragon, the phrasing above sounds like you are trying to satiate the ravenous appetite of blogreaders and painting the picture of child trafficking with a large brush.

It's like--I don't have info on the girls, but here is bone to chew on while that comes in. These pictures of other trafficked kids will hold you off in the meantime.

I hope you do not take this comment in the wrong way. I would just like to draw your attention to the tone of your post.

Michael Brosowski said...

Thanks for your feedback. Believe it or not, sometimes when I blog I am exhausted, or on the run, or maybe just not even in the mood to write but wanting to let people know what's going on. I don't always produce fine literature, I'm afraid. Don't lose too much sleep over my use of the word "meantime"!