Tuesday, June 05, 2012

A moment of inspiration

Last night, I was talking to a couple of the older Blue Dragon boys about their dreams for the future.

One of them, "Han," has been with us for about 6 years now. He's 18 and has a steady job, but when I first met him he was living on the streets, hanging out with gangs, and getting into all sorts of trouble.

When he told me about his hope for what he would do in the future, he didn't mention what sort of career he wants. Instead, he said (and this is my translation / paraphrase):

When I was young I used to go stealing from a lot of people. Now that I am getting older I want to be able to pay back for what I did. But I don't know who those people are who I stole from, so instead I should use my money to help poor children and families. 

What a priceless moment, and what an inspiring young man.