Monday, May 13, 2013

Stupidity

I am in Australia at the moment, meeting friends and supporters of Blue Dragon, attending some events, and speaking a little on radio.

Being here is really like being in another world. I feel so far from the streets of Vietnam, from the kids I worry about every day, from the challenges of rescuing kids in crisis. 

This morning in an interview I was asked what got me started in all this work, and I couldn't help but say: Stupidity! 

After all, who in their right mind would start an organisation in another country to rescue girls out of brothels, and to provide homes for abandoned kids who've grown up on the streets?

For sure I didn't know what I was getting into when I started Blue Dragon Children's Foundation. And I'm glad I didn't. If I had my time all over again, I'd do it exactly the same.

I am very happy to be a fool, and plan to remain one for a long time to come.

No comments: